Welcome to the Will County Bar Association's website. The WCBA is a non-profit professional organization dedicated to serving and supporting the legal community. The WCBA is committed to providing education, professional development, and service programs for its 500+ members, the legal profession as well as the local community.
- To maintain the honor and dignity of the profession of law
- To promote an understanding of the law and its application in the community
- To advance the due administration of justice
- To support the ability of the Bar to provide for public service
The WCBA also assists the local community and greater Chicago area through an active Lawyer Referral Service and backs the legal aid program encouraging its members to provide Pro Bono services for those in need. Click here to request a Lawyer Referral.
The Will County Bar Association is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the Association’s members and maintains a professional staff committed to the ongoing support of the association and its members.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP IN THE WILL COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
Opportunity to earn free MCLE credits. Over 26 hours of credits including the new Professional, Diversity credit were available in 2018. The following seminars have already been scheduled for 2019:
- February 15th – Civil Committee Seminar
- March 8th – Criminal Law Seminar
- April 3rd - Arbitration Certification/Refresher Course
- April 10th – Probate Seminar
- May 22nd – Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Orientation
- May 23rd – Family Law Seminar
- June 5th – Real Estate Seminar
- Join one or more of the Committees which meet monthly, every other month or quarterly. Current committees are Civil Practice, Criminal Practice, Family Law, GAL, Probate, Real Estate Law, and Local Government Law, Small Firm/Technology Committee.
- Other Committees available include the newly created Service Committee where you can be a part of giving back to the community; Take part in National Law Day by volunteering for Ask A Lawyer Day; Help plan the next annual golf outing; Join the Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program and either learn from an experienced lawyer or share your experiences with a new lawyer.
- Receive a free weekly newsletter that will inform you of any MCLE seminars, and local events of interest to attorneys. The newsletter also has a space where members can post for open positions, space available, etc. for free.
- Every member is listed on our web page. You decide how much or little information you wish to share.
- Opportunity to become a member of the Will County Bar Association Referral Service for your area of practice.
- Join your local judges, attorneys, elected officials at social events which include the annual State of the Courthouse Lunch, St. Patrick’s Day Happy Hour, Golf Outing, Community Awards Event, and Holiday Party.
- Free use of meeting space at the Will County Bar Association Office. Depending on the layout of the meeting, there is room for up to 35 people.